With an attractive purplish red color, fresh aromas of strawberry and ripe plum accompany in perfect harmony the delicacy of violets and notes of oak aging.

Pioneer Malbec

This imposing Malbec has an excellent attack on the palate, with a distinguished fruit concentration and a pleasant sweet sensation. An elegant wine of great length and perfect balance.


The grapes are harvested manually and mechanically, in destemmed lots of 4,000 kgs.
Alcoholic fermentation is conducted at 26 – 27°C for 10 days with daily tasting. Its elaboration is classic, with maceration of its pomace for 18 days total.
The vat foot used is a Bayanus Strain and full malolactic fermentation is carried out.
The wine obtained is 100% drop and for the final blend, different lots with floral, fresh and ripe profiles are selected.
As for its aging, 20% of the wine was in concrete vats, which provide its fresh fruit component, and the remaining 80% was aged in used French oak barrels for 9 months. After mixing, the asta remains in concrete pots before bottling.


Excellent to accompany a classic Argentine beef asado with empanadas criollas as a starter. We recommend serving it at 16°C.


Other Pioneer wines

La Celia Pioneer Cabernet Franc

Cabernet Franc

La Celia Pioneer Cabernet Sauvignon

Cabernet Sauvignon

La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay


More than 130 years breeding wines of excellence.